the best of
scottsdale living

Frequently Asked Questions

Frequently Asked Questions for Administration

Why am I getting late fees? Statements are generated by the third business day of the month and are due no later than the last day of that same month. If payment is received on or after the first day of the following month, it is late and late fees are assessed.

Why are there two late fees? You property is a part of two associations. The Master Association charges a flat $ 15.00 late fee. the fees for the various satellite communities vary according to their CC&Rs.

Why didn’t I get my statement?  Does the GRCA have an incorrect mailing address for you?  If you need assistance with this, please call the GRCA Administration Office ( 480-951-0321 )

Why isn’t my bill the same as last month? This can occur for a number of reasons. Did you purchase an access card or pool key or have a charge in Club Automation?

What’s my password? We can help you if you’re trying to log into GateAccess.net (call 480-951-0321).

Can you give me my friend’s or neighbor’s phone number or e-mail address? GRCA staff cannot give out that information but we will call or e-mail the person you are trying to reach and request they contact you.

What day is trash pick up at Gainey Ranch? The City of Scottsdale collects refuse (trash) on Tuesday and recyclables on Thursdays. Containers should be curbside by 5:00 am and removed as soon as possible after collection. The Solid Waste Department observes very few holidays. Schedules, lists and helpful information can be found on Scottsdale’s website www.scottsdaleaz.gov or by calling 480-312-5600.

Frequently Asked Questions for the Estate Club

-Can I rent the Estate Clubhouse for a private function? Yes, please contact Estate Club Director Anne Blazek for details. (480-951-2879) ablazek@gaineyranchca.com 

Do Homeowners get free gym access at any time? There is no charge for the fitness area. Homeowners may use the fitness center before and after normal, business hours.  To access the fitness center, stop at the Administration Office to have your card activated for this.

How do homeowners sign up for tennis? Homeowners interested in using the tennis courts on a daily basis or on a monthly need to fill out a membership form and pay the fee for a tennis membership. All memberships are activated at the Administration office.

What is the Club Card? It is our new card, with the GR logo, that allows everyone to quickly check in by scanning their cards at the front desk. It provides tracking system on a daily and monthly basis for activity at the Estate Club.

Architectural Coordinator Frequently Asked Questions

Is there a fee for submitting an architectural application for review? For all major projects, there is a $45.00 submittal fee. Minor enhancements do not need a fee but an application is still required.

I would like to take out a tree and, possibly, put another back in. Do I need to get approval for that? All tree and landscaping removals and installs require approval by Master Architectural Committee.

We will be remodeling our home and will have a dumpster in our driveway. Does a dumpster require approval? Yes, a dumpster is only permitted to be on a property for a certain period of time, and approval must be given by the community board and Master Architectural Committee for the dumpster, as well as a port-a-potty if also needed.

I would like to make changes to the landscaping in my back yard, and no one sees it, do I need to get approval for the modifications? All changes that occur to the exterior of the home, whether the front or back yard, whether visible to neighbors or not, do require Master Architectural Committee approval.

Does Gainey Ranch have a list of approved trees and plants or can I plant whatever I choose? Or can I plant whatever I choose? Go the Gainey Ranch website and you will see the list. ( gaineyranchca.com/about-grca/illustrated-plant-list/ ) Anything that is being removed, planted or any changes at all, will require Master Architectural Committee Approval.

Security Frequently Asked Questions

If I have an emergency, who do I call? In the event of an emergency n an emergency, dial 911, so the appropriate personnel may be dispatched to you immediately. 

I am having overnight guests and they are driving a motorhome. Can they park in front of my residence overnight?

There is NO overnight street parking allowed on Gainey Ranch. Any oversized vehicles such as a Motor home, Travel trailers, RV’s, Boats and 1-ton pickups are not allowed to park on Gainey Ranch. Please plan for your guests oversized vehicles parking elsewhere

Who should I call if I need assistance? Any non – emergency issue, should call Security at the West Gate. They are a 24/7 operation. A patrol officer will be dispatched to assist you, if needed.  ( 480-948-9378 )

I see coyotes and other wildlife all over Gainey Ranch. What can be done to remove these animals? Arizona Game and Fish will not allow the removal wildlife from Gainey Ranch unless it is clear that the animal is an immediate danger to humans.

Arizona Game and Fish has published a brochure on the subject of living with wildlife which is available in the Administration office and online at www.azgfd.gov.

I have a delivery to my home coming tomorrow. How do I get them into Gainey Ranch? Call the West Plaza at 480-948-9378 and they will assist you. 

You can also go to GateAccess.net and manage your list, yourself.  Contact Gainey Ranch Administration Office, Mon – Fri ( 480-951-0321 )                        GRCA will get you your Access LOGIN information.

West Gate 24/7 operation  ( 480-948-9378 )                                                                                                                                                                                                East Gate 7 days a week    6am – 12am   ( 480-948-3278 )                                                                                                                                                                    North Gate Mon – Fri   6am -2pm  ( 480-951-3460 )